Hopscotch Girls is looking for a Shipping Contractor. We create/sell empowering activity books for girls. To-date, all shipping operations have been handled by the company's founder. However, Hopscotch Girls is now selling hundreds of books a week and is about to start selling two more products. Consequently, we need someone to take over shipping boxes of books to Amazon. In particular, we need someone to handle all shipping while the founder is on vacation for two weeks in July. The ideal candidate will continue on after July.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assembling and filling boxes with books that need to be shipped
- Printing shipping labels and applying them to the right boxes
- Affixing proper postage to each package in preparation for shipping
- Taking boxes of books to the US Post Office on Shattuck Ave.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school coursework or diploma
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organization skills
- Able to work independently
- Capable of working a regular schedule, or coordinating schedule changes in advance
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. (though boxes usually weigh 14-30 lbs.)
- Access to a car (to take packages to the post office)
Hours & Compensation
- 2-6 hours/week
- Flexible schedule – ideally 2 days/week (Mon & Wed or Tue & Th). Occasional changes to the schedule are okay as long as they are arranged in advance. Time of day is flexible.
- This is an independent contractor role and therefore does not provide insurance, etc.
Company & Location
Hopscotch Girls is currently a home-based business, operating in the Berkeley Hills. At some point over the next several months we will relocate shipping operations to a storage space nearby.
Hopscotch Girls is a social enterprise dedicated to using media to empower girls. We want books, activity books, apps and shows that feature strong female role models, reinforce a healthy body image, inspire confidence, and encourage STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills to be the norm, rather than the exception.
Hopscotch Girls' founder, Melissa Foley, has 10 years of experience working for social change and an MBA.
To apply, please submit the form below. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Hopscotch Girls is a home-based business located in the Berkeley hills.